I have been doing a video series of this challenge that you can find HERE!
I looked around online at other challenges that had a similar concept. They weren’t really what I was looking for. I wanted to also build all of the rabbit hole lots and parks. I didn’t want to have to move into each residential lot and leave a family member behind so I decided to do one a little different.
I was requested to write down the rules for this challenge so here are the challenge rules!
Sims 3: From the Ground Up! Rules
Your sim has moved into an area that has nothing. There are no buildings except for maybe a few vacant barns here and there. Your sim is looking to start a new town from scratch.
- Pick any world you like and go into Edit Town and delete every house and building. This includes any rabbit holes.
- Remove all existing families. (Remember, this area is completely vacant)
- Pick your sim either by creating new or a preexisting one.
- Your lifespan can be what ever you want, I suggest a long one. I’m using a fairy so I have a very long life span.
- Place your sim on any empty lot and delete everything in their inventory and house inventory (if it’s a preexisting sim)
- Set your sim’s money to $0
- Your sim will not have a job to start out with so you will need to make money in other ways like fishing, searching for flowers or gems to sell.
- Once your sim has some money you can do other things to make money as well like painting, photography, writing for example.
- Once some job buildings are placed you can have your sim have a job along with previous mentions of money making activities.
- Your sim can buy properties or become business owners to make money as well.
- Renting houses out if you have Nraas Story Progression Money Module
- There can be NO residents living in the town until there is a house sufficient enough for them to live. For example: must have fridge, toilet, bed and shower/tub along with all flooring and wallpapers in the home as well.
- Once there is a place for a sim to move in, you can move any sim in you want or an immigrant can move in. No Immigrants are aloud to move into any empty lots so make sure they are all set to no visitors until a residential lot is built.
- All community and residential lots must be built by your sim.
- All rabbit holes and scenery items like the water tower will cost your sim $1000 Simoleons
- Any spawning objects are $500 simoleons
- Any other objects that do not have a price on them to start with will cost your sim $100 Simoloeons
- All Parks must be built by your sim.
- All active job’s that need a building need to be built by your sim.
HOW TO BUILD ON A LOT THAT’S NOT YOUR SIM’S
- Press Ctrl + Shift+ C at the same time to open the cheat window
- Type in testingcheatsenabled true
- Find the lot your want to build on and hold Shift and Press the Left Mouse Button
- Click Build/Buy on this lot
- This will allow you to build on that lot using your sim’s money. Remember to deduct any of the building costs mentioned above from your sim’s cash
YOUR SIM’S PERSONAL LIFE
- Your sim can have any personal life you choose. Once there are residents living in your town, your sim can date, get married, have children or your sim can live alone for their entire life. However you choose. 🙂
COMPLETING THE CHALLENGE
The Challenge is complete when you have met all these requirements:
- 5 starter homes
- 10 family homes costing less than $150,000 simoleons
- 5 Luxury homes costing over $150,000 simoleons
- 1 small park
- 1 large park (a festival grounds would be counted as a large park)
- All basic rabbit holes
- 1 School
- 2 Restaurants
- 1 tattoo parlor
- 1 fire station
- 1 consignment store (the elixir consignment store will count for this as well)
- 1 library
- 1 museum
- 2 lounges or dance clubs (Vampire lounges will count for this too)
- 1 salon
- 1 junk yard
- 1 gym
- 1 laundromat
- 1 cafe/coffee house
Any community lot can be combined with another community lot. For example, a tattoo parlor can be built with a salon. More than two can be built together which comes in handy when your not working with very many lots in the world or it’s a small island.
FAILING THE CHALLENGE
You can only fail the challenge if one thing were to happen, your sim dies before the above requirements are met.
There is a possibility of any of these rules changing as I go along in my video series as I have not tested out this challenge. Any ideas or suggestions or if I missed anything in the rules are welcome!
Let me know how this challenge is going for you!
If you post this challenge anywhere else please give me credit for the challenge along with a link back to this page. Thank you